Precautions for using fiber jumpers
Across the fiber jumpers, optical module transceiver wavelength must be consistent, i.e. the fiber ends must be the same wavelengths of the light module, a simple distinction is the color of the light module to be consistent. In general, short-wavelength optical modules use multimode fiber (orange fiber), and long-wavelength optical modules use single-mode fiber (yellow fiber) to ensure data transmission accuracy.
Do not bend or wrap the fiber in use, which will increase the attenuation of light during transmission.
After the fiber jumper is used, the fiber connector must be protected with a protective cover. Dust and oil can damage the coupling of the fiber.
If the fiber connector is dirty, you can use a cotton swab to clean the alcohol, otherwise, it will affect the communication quality.
1. The fiber jumper ceramic ferrule and the ferrule end face must be wiped clean with alcohol and absorbent cotton before use.
2. The minimum bending radius of the fiber is less than 30mm when in use.
3. Protect the ferrule and the ferrule end face to prevent bumps and pollution, and bring the dust cap in time after disassembly.
4. Do not look directly at the fiber end face when the laser signal is transmitted.
5. In case of damage caused by man-made and other force majeure factors, the damaged fiber jumper should be replaced in time.
6. Read the instructions carefully before installation and install and debug under the guidance of the manufacturer or dealer.
7. If an abnormal situation occurs in the optical network or the system, the fault elimination method can be used to test one by one. You can do the continuity test when testing or troubleshooting the jumper. You can usually use the visible laser pointer to judge the entire fiber link. Or further, use the precision fiber insertion loss detector to test its various indicators. If the indicator is within the qualified range, the jumper indication is normal, otherwise, it is unqualified.